Friday, August 17, 2007

And Behold...There was Great Self Pity

I am feeling miserable and depressed about now. I have gotten myself caught up in school, which is a good thing, but it has taken a psychological toll. I have chained myself to my desk these past few weeks to get through seven units since I have been back from vacation. And I am now facing another non fun filled weekend.

I would like to:

a) go to a movie
b) go dancing
c) read a fiction book
d) go to the waterpark
e) see friends

But no, I will be doing

f) none of the above




Tonight, I need to write a paper. I have been staring at my mostly blank word document, because the mojo is not there. And, even though I am caught up, I have a plan to try and finish Units 8 and 9 this weekend (which still leaves me just caught up, since unit 9 is for next week).

But then I need to keep up the killer pace and cruise ahead through units 10 and 11, and read the three short articles for unit 12 (for which there is no homework), by the end of next week. This would give me a full three weeks to study for the exam which falls Sept. 13. I will need that kind of time to study for the final, because this class is:

a) incomprehensible
b) over my head
c) dull and boring
d) all of the above

The correct answer is d.

Even the eerily accurate horoscope agrees that I should stay home and study and not go to the party my boyfriend is planning on hitting later (where a possible poly interest lies but that is another story).

Aries Do what is required first...

Although you may be tempted to set your responsibilities aside, the fun and games will have to wait until you have fulfilled your obligations. Even with a happy-go-lucky Sun-Venus conjunction in your 5th House of Spontaneity, Saturn's dominating presence will not take "no" for an answer. Do what is required first and then enjoy yourself fully.


So there it is...maybe if I could get around the self pity and whining, I could actually get something done. But I have nearly burned myself out with all the intensity this course requires.

*head thunks on desk*

2 comments:

Sue said...

I can't think of a single encouraging thing to say that doesn't sound terribly trite. So, I'll just leave you a hug... I hope it helps.

swan

Shhhhh.... said...

It does...thanks.