Saturday, October 13, 2007

Witches Ball


Tonight is the annual Witches Ball. This is the 7th in our city, and I have been to each one. Though the Pagan community here is often divisive and political among strange lines, I love the Witches Ball. Nearly everyone dresses in a costume. Vendors line the top balcony of the venue which was built in 1814.


Music alternates between a DJ who takes requests and live bands. Two sister bellydance troupes are performing, so there will definitely be some tribal people to play with, and there will be a drummer's circle.

I went shopping for my costume yesterday. I found something called Devil Bride which looks like this. I will be a much more voluptuous version of this chickie, but I added demon wings, claws, and devil horns. The headpiece is a pain in the ass to deal with, and I haven't figured out how to keep in on, yet out of my way. I have thigh high boots from a pirate wench outfit a few years ago. It's not quite the same look, but it will work. Boyfriend picked out a Jester outfit which he is going to electrify somehow. I feel only slightly guilty as I have a ton of homework due tomorrow (of course), but maybe I can get all the reading done this afternoon, and spend tomorrow writing.

School continues to sap my creativity and journal writing time, and keeps me away from a more interesting existence. For now, I am just glad to have a party to go to tonight.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I am imagining that you looked fabulous. I hope you had a wonderful, joyous, and relaxed time. Hugs,
swan