If you are new here...don't be mislead. This is a secondary journal, plus I am an adult grad student. I get very busy between work and school. It may be weeks before another post gets thrown up here. If I write about something out of the mainstream, it tends to be on poly related topics. And you don't care about poly. You care about bright welts on reddened skin. I know your type. So fair warning friend, you will likely be disappointed or bored by this journal, if you try to follow me too closely.
None the less, I am good friends with the Herons, and I delight in trying to understand their world, and want to share with them when some of it spills into my own life.
So, I have already written an epic about last night, and I have nothing more to say on that for the time being. (I am sure you are glad of that.)
This post is about an ex-lover who is also a massage therapist, and who has kindly cut me a very nice rate for a monthly hour of massage. We have a professional relationship as well as a nice friendship now, and he has never crossed any line with me on his table. Though truthfully...there have been a couple of times when I wished he would have.
Anyhow, we do one Sunday a month at 4pm. It's been fine, except that last Sunday we were scheduled to go, and I totally forgot about it. I had received a very upsetting email from my boss telling me that I had to testify against a client last week and it threw me into a tizzy.
I received a call from my massage friend wondering where I was, and I had to explain that I had forgotten. He laughed, and we rescheduled for today.
It was on my calendar.
I thought this morning, I need to remember about 4pm today.
Then...I got all caught up in the drama of last night, my lack of sleep, and got distracted by the things I normally do on Sundays, and...I did it again. I forgot about the appointment.
This was so unlike me, that I can hardly believe it happened at all. Not to mention twice! Am I starting to develop adult Alzheimer's at 42?
So, I wrote him a note....I should mention, that my friend is one of the alternative crowd who often attends parties at the bonfire place. And he has more than a passing interest in BDSM. He was my first real intro into that world, and my only really, until I encountered the Herons. He wondered, at one time if I had an interest in gaining first hand (so to speak) experience, and though I was thinking about it, his partner ruined it by publicly embarrassing me about the possibility in front of some very very straight vanilla friends. I had to play it off like it was a huge joke, but I concluded that although I did trust him...I couldn't trust her...And if I ever "went there", I would need to feel safe and certainly that I wasn't going to be on the local gossip page.
So anyhow. I was too much of a coward to call my friend when I had discovered my error an hour and a half after I was supposed to meet him at his house. I wrote an email telling him how sorry I was. And although I had no excuses, I did share the trauma of last week to explain why I was more flaky than usual. Because I am a joker and a flirt, I also told him I knew I deserved to be punished. I said he could spank me. Or I could spank him (he's a switch). Whichever he preferred.
My phone rang almost immediately. It was him. He was so nice and understanding. And we rescheduled for WEDNESDAY AT 6:30. That appointment is WEDNESDAY AT 6:30 (sorry, I am trying to pound that into my brain). So fine, we were about to hang up when he said..."By the way. I am holding you to that offer."
"Oh?" I said, "which way?"
"We'll talk about it...Later.", he replied.
He might be joking back at me. He could be pulling my chain, because he knows he can.
But, based on what I know of him...he is probably not joking.
So. First the violet wand. Then a night of friendly caresses by a fire. And now this. The Universe does seem to be sending me some options to spice up my otherwise boring academic and work drone life.
And yes. If it happens, I will likely write about it here.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh yes, yes, yes! I knew you had it in you. I'll be excited to hear the outcome of this. Thanks for sharing it.
Tom
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. LIve the life you've imagined.
Post a Comment