
Well, it's the last day of 2006, and New Years is certainly a good time for reflection. As I look around, I see so much room for improvement in my life. My bedroom is in chaos right now. I have piles of clothes and linens waiting to be washed. There is dust and cat hair everywhere. Our kitchen has a pile on the floor that was started for Goodwill of non needed items, but they have sat there for months. Dishes mount in the drainer. I am getting depressed even writing about it.
As for myself, I really need to do something physically. Age is coming. I feel myself getting as rusty as the tin man from lack of use. I have a membership to the Y, and I haven't been there since maybe October. I eat whatever and whenever I want, and truthfully that shows.
I am tall, so that gives me some lee way in being able to hide more pounds than others, but that only goes so far. I can delude myself quite well. I am sort of a reverse anorexic, in that I think I look fine most of the time. Then comes some excursion to buy clothes, or an event (like tonight) where I am trying to dress up, and I see the truth. I am fat. Big. And I hate living like this. I hate being the biggest belly dancer in my class. I hate being the "fat one". I am past voluptuous. Someone stop me.
Yet, I don't do anything much beyond thinking, I really should go back to Weight Watchers....
I am ashamed and want to hide the truth that everyone else can plainly see.
So tomorrow I want to try and change the pattern. I need to start slowly and not expect that waking up tomorrow will turn me into someone who will suddenly crave celery and working out. But maybe tomorrow I can do something. Something that I didn't do today. And maybe with baby steps, I can get where I want to be. Or not. I guess time will tell.

1 comment:
When you begin a journey, it helps to know where you want to go, or at least have some direction to head off in. It sounds like you have that. On the other hand, it is best to begin traveling with those things that make you strong and sure, so don't forget to take stock of the assets as well as the things that you might view as flaws or shortcomings. It all is part of the path that brings you to now... You can't go forward except from here.
Wishing you all the very best,
swan
Post a Comment