Oh not really, I suppose. But the news of day, certainly is not helping my mood. I am about to the point of turning off all media and not listening to any more information on the state of this fucked up world. So they got Benazir. I am sure there is much celebration along the Pakistani-Afghanistan border. I went to work at the office on the West Side of town. "Did you hear about Benazir Bhutto?", I asked when I got in. "Who?", they responded. This place sucks. I am also coming off being immersed in Republican and Evangelical thinking between my partner's family, my boss, and an important client today. Fine...the War was a great idea and it's going really well--it's just the left wing media not reporting the facts. The world is only 6000 years old and the moon generates its own light just like the sun. When they wrote the equal rights for all part of the constitution, they didn't really mean "equal rights for all".
Whatever. You people win.
I've had it for today.

1 comment:
So you need a dose of "sane."
Grin...
You COULD (you know) give yourself permission to not deal with all of the toxic people in the mix. Republicans and Evangelicals that you MUST deal with (as in ones that are part of your livelihood) are one thing, but there are others on that list that are surely optional I would think.
That whole "all the news is bad" feeling is sort of difficult. Turning it off when you are feeling overwhelmed is entirely sensible. It will still be there when you can come back. I bet it will all still be basically the same -- like a bad soap opera. Take some time off.
Benazhir. Sad. Predictable probably, but sad just the same. She was, I think a woman of vast courage and great vision. I suspect she knew this outcome was somehow likely, still she took the steps onto this path. That is what I will choose to look at in her life. Her courage and her choice to follow her path. I will admire her intellect, her integrity, her vibrant and radiant living of her vision. That will forever be a beacon. She lived. In a world gone mad around her, she lived.
You can take the time you need to recover if that is what you need just now. You can also make choices about what will support and heal your mind and heart. I hope you find those things.
BTW, Himself has His own theory about what would improve your mood... ;-)
Hugs, swan
Post a Comment