
Yesterday, I took exception to a particularly offensive anti-Hillary political cartoon in an online forum. It was so hate filled and ugly, that I will not post the cartoon nor describe it much beyond that. I commented that I found the cartoon offensive and misogynistic. I said that I was not a Hillary supporter, but seeing things like that made me want to vote for her. Predictably, this morning I awoke to a full inbox telling me that I was an example of why women should not be allowed to vote, I was what was wrong with democracy, that someone as stupid as I should not be allowed to vote, etc...I have thought of a number of ways to respond. In my experience, any attempt at reason with the neocons on that forum is pointless, and so I will likely not respond at all.
Although, I do feel like telling them, that truly as long as Barack or Hillary gets in, I don't much care which. Either will be able to pass Universal Health Care, overturn the second amendment, enforce mandatory abortion, remove the ten commandments from all public buildings including churches, make marijuana legal, pass gay marriage laws, encourage flag burning, remove all border controls, appoint al quaida members to congress, or whatever else their terror filled neocon minds would find most disturbing...Hillary is strong enough to withstand the vitriol, but the misogyny that her campaign has unleashed makes me sick. I know Democrats will need to brace for the inevitable Swiftboating techniques that are sure to come for either candidate.
I came home last night in time to see Tina Fey's commentary on Weekend Update...Maybe that's what those neocons most fear...Bitches can get stuff done. Indeed.

1 comment:
Tangerine, I love your campaign platfrom and would offer to vote for you had not the three of us mailed off our ballots voting for Obama last Friday.
As for the neocons, I love the Sinclair Lewis quote,"When facism comes to this country it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross."
I hope other than the harassment of sexist neocons you are doing well and still staying above the stress of your graduate school, and that we will get together once again soon with you and him.
All the best:)
Tom
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.
Post a Comment