Saturday, May 3, 2008

Tangerine Morning

I found this painting by Marnie Johnson called Tangerine Morning. I am often amazed at what you can find in Google Images. I was sitting here, wanting to write, but not really having a topic. It's morning, and I am in the Tangerine journal...is there a picture for that? I type Tangerine Morning into Google images...and Voila!

Only thing is...this picture is much more cheery than reality. It's actually quite a dreary morning here...cold and rainy. And it's not nearly as pleasing. Exhibit A...for some reason both cats have thrown up a lot in the night and this morning. My strategy to deal with this for the moment is to drop white paper towel squares over the offending spots to both soak up the mess, and to alert Boyfriend so he won't step in wet liquid goo.........and further annoy me by yelling "GROSS! Can't you do something about this? I mean REALLY!" I don't see an easier way of alerting him unless I purchase some of these (see below)....He doesn't care for the paper towel method because he believes that the paper gets glued to the hardwood floor making it harder to clean up. He's wrong of course, but we have been (joke) arguing about this all morning. He doesn't clean up after the cats anyhow, so it doesn't really matter what he thinks, in my book.
I'll get to it later, but on my own schedule. I think there's a mop around here somewhere...

Tonight I am dancing in a place called Rabbit Hash, KY. I have been down there before and it's quite fun. People in Rabbit Hash know how to celebrate life. There will be lot's of drumming, lots of flying skirts, and lots of alcohol. I have a hard part in our first number, and if I get off-beat, the whole song will be off. The PRESSURE! I have practiced over and over here, but anything can happen in the actual performance...I am mostly worried about being able to hear where to come in, because the music is soft at first, and if the audience is making noise, it will mask this sensitive part of the song.

My new school class is going pretty well. It's on NOISE, which is a word that has taken on a special meaning now. One of my favorite shows is A&E's Intervention. I am fascinated by it...This show is about people who are addicted to something (substance or negative behavior like cutting) and the families who have had enough and force the person into treatment via the Intervention. There is a pre-intervention, where our favorite counselor tells the family that anything the addicted person says except "Okay, I will go to treatment" is called noise...Boyfriend and I have picked up this phrase and toss out to each other when the other is complaining about something. Sometimes when I am making valid points, he will turn to me and say..."Do you hear a buzzing sound?" Noise class is on the prevention of hearing loss end rather than the "fix the problem" end, which is where I usually work, so it's a nice change of pace.

Anyhow, the sun is starting to break out, so although it hasn't been a tangerine morning, maybe it can be a tangerine afternoon...



I bet they don't have to clean up cat vomit here...

3 comments:

Susan said...

I have to get some of those cat vomit signs! Since it's the husband's cat, it's the husband's cat's barf, but somehow I'm always the first to find it.

Shhhhh.... said...

LOL...I hope you don't find it like my partner has...by stepping in it. Blech...

Sue said...

I love your signs, and I have been to your Tangerine Afternoon -- in fact, they do not have cat vomit there.

swan