He's "out" tonight. Could be a date. Could be dinner. I'm not sure. He probably wasn't sure.I stayed in, and finished reading Unit 7. I took the Unit 7 Quiz and got a 10/10, as usual.
I downloaded the articles for Unit 8 and looked for the lecture notes, which haven't been posted yet. I tried to up my participation grade by posting a link to an article that I thought reviewed some key points in Unit 7.
I am about to head to my preferred reading spot in the living room and read what I have for Unit 8, ahead of schedule. What a Good Girl.
I missed out on our vacation this year. He went on our vacation and spent it with his other lover. I went home to care for my mother after her knee surgery. What a Good Girl.
I am a good girl. It's practically mandatory in my midwestern family. You do what you are supposed to do. You are supposed to study, and pay your bills on time. I do.
But sometimes, I wonder if I am getting screwed over. I mean it's not all that exciting being good. In fact, it's often quite boring. Why can't I be out with a potential lover? Why can't I be flirting madly and toying with emotions? Why I have spun this wholesome lifestyle for myself?
I am sewing seeds for my future, I tell myself. I am doing what I need to do now, so someday I can do what I want to do. It will all pay off.
And if some days, I feel life is passing me by while I take quizzes or study for exams, it's just a feeling, isn't it?
I have tried to be bad...but it really isn't in me.
This is who I am.
Sigh.

1 comment:
I hope you are doing what will fulfill your life and make you feel fulfilled. If so, then all this sacrifice will be worth doing in its own right, even if it is "staging" so you can come to be fulfilled in the future.
I know we all wish you happiness.
Your diligence and ability to delay gratifcation are heroic, or masochistic, or both. I look forrward to the day when you are free of all this and are able to simply live without the burden of all this professional hazing.
All the best,
Tom
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.
Post a Comment