Sunday, November 14, 2010

Connect-tions

Oh geez.  I can't believe it's been September since I posted something here.  This journal has become a space for the things I can't write about elsewhere (or feel too censored).  So, on the one hand, that means there has been nothing traumatic enough to trigger a post here...but it is also a sign of how time has just frittered itself away this year and I have nothing further to show for it.

Relationship wise there have been some hits and misses.  After not hearing from Heathcliff in over a year, he suddenly resurfaced.  He indicated he was up for getting together for a beer some time...but when I asked the deal breaker question of "when?"-- he scurried away and will not answer any emails now.  I don't get him.  I give up on even trying.  I recovered from the pain that the last encounter brought, though it took nearly a year to do that.  I think I am pretty numb towards him now. I took this last bit as par for the course...and a big Whatever. Really, I am done with being yanked around by him.

In late summer I made a connection with a woman.  I really wasn't looking for that, but it happened, and it was nice.  But we have fallen out of touch, and when we do see each other, she tells me about everyone else that she is pining for.  I don't know if it is implied that she is still interested and misses me too and I should ask her out, or she feels me a good friend in whom she is confiding.  Since I don't hear my name on her list...it makes it hard to reach out...and honestly, I don't have energy for a big relationship talk with her, so I let things lie fallow.

In early October, my friend from back east and her boyfriend came to visit, and the three of us had a lovely sexual weekend.  It was so unexpected but very good...and they are both healthy people emotionally.  The contrast between her boyfriend and Heathcliff was amazing.  It reminded me what dating a normal guy was actually like. (I don't consider that SO and I are really dating at this point...so I am not implying he is not normal :) )

The distance though is going to be hard though.  It's hard to sustain much with someone you will only see two times a year.  She and I have a history and long term friendship...but I don't know him all that well outside of the weekend...

SO is well.  He is still seeing his OSO, but no waves with her for us right now.

So that is the news that fit for print today...I am off to be productive in a school kind of way...I hope.

No comments: