Boyfriend and PP had a serious talk tonight. But he was home very early. Early enough to scare the shit out of me, as I was not expecting anyone in the house at the 8:30 hour. (Normally he is home after 11pm if he has been on some sort of "date" thing.)
He didn't seem particularly in a good mood, but he had an intense dental visit earlier in the day.
***
Well, the big news is...
PP met somebody over the weekend. Since her biological clock is ticking mightily...she and her new boyfriend have already cleared hurdles it takes mere mortals weeks or even months to get by. They have met each other's parents and made a monogamy agreement. Her new beau was pretty jealous that she was going to get together with my partner this evening..but she was honest with him about that. I mean she had to break up with him didn't she? New boyfriend could understand that, surely.
You see why this person drives me crazy? It is Tuesday night. She met someone over the weekend. This past weekend. We only had our tete-a-tete last Tuesday and none of this was on the horizon even. And now she is practically married. Can you spell it with me? Come on! Sure you can!.......t-w-i-t.
So my partner is feeling sort of sad, but sort of blindsided too. It's not like anything happened really. But he had started to think about them as going down a certain path, one that abruptly and without warning, disappeared.
I told him...not to worry. Next week or next month, when they "divorce"...she will probably be giving him a call...
Part of me is irritated...because....YOU MEAN I HAD TO GO THROUGH ALL THAT FOR NOTHING???? All that processing, the meeting, and for naught? I mean, I even got to the point of being "okay", well mostly, with the whole thing.
My partner thinks maybe the purpose for the "PP" thing was just for us (she and I) to finally meet. And now that we have, some cosmic purpose has been fulfilled, and that is that.
I think she is just a twit.
Now that we have covered my cattiness, and how all this affects me...I have to say, I feel badly for him. I do think he has time for someone else in his life...but hopefully somebody a bit more...stable, mature, deeper.
It's a weird thing....I sort of have what I wanted, which was for them not to be together sexually, but just be friends (if even that). And I think they will stay friends. (I think it's highly unlikely this new deal is going to last for her...although, I hope she finds what she wants in life, and if this guy is it...good for her.) But anyhow, even though I am kind of relieved their relationship is not going anywhere physical (at least for now)...I can still feel sadness on his behalf. It might have been a nice thing for him...
Poly is a strange lifestyle...It certainly makes for an interesting ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Awwwww... And now for the bit that no one outside of poly will EVER understand, how we can struggle to accommodate the new partner, be unhappy with the circumstances, wear the whole business like the worst-fitting pair of shoes we ever owned -- and then sincerely feel badly when it falls apart. It is espcecially hard (I think) when this rug-yanking thing happens out of the blue without even a hint.
We have sooooooo... been there and done that.
hugs, swan
Yes...you get it. Exactly.
ok... I rarely post on the Heron blog and NEVER post on other's blogs but I just gotta say...
WHAT A WITCH! I remember when we had this going on in our household and how Swan was feeling before the PP arrived. And after she crushed the crap out of Tom, I remember wishing that I was NOT anti-gun.
Sometimes chicks suck. No two ways about it. If your baby-clock is ticking, get a Cabbage Patch doll and practice, before falling into wedded bliss and babies in 1 week!
She should have just called and cancelled so YOU could have been directly supportive instead of leaving him to drive home alone.
I say, hanging is too good for the wench!
signed..petite, delicate flower T
Oh WOW!!!! A sighing of the rarest Heron of all!
Thank you for your words...
I don't think she is a witch, so much...as...young and naive, and a twit, of course.
This didn't get to nearly the level of your tough time, but it does seem to be AFGE for us. yay!
Post a Comment