
It all started out with some stupid Tarot meme on LJ. Like "Which Tarot Card Are YOU???" I wouldn't have even bothered, but the card deck they were using was kind of cool. And well, I was curious. I mean, how the hell could I get through another moment not knowing which damn Tarot card I was? How?
So I took the stupid ass meme. Only before they would tell me my result...I had to cough up an email address. Normally, I would just have canceled out of the whole deal...but I had come that far, so I gave them a junk email I don't check that often and use for this sort of purpose.
So anyhow. I don't even remember which tarot card I was, and I didn't paste it into my journal which means I didn't like the card or result well enough to find it worthy of my journal.
End of Story? Of course not, or why would I be writing about this?
Soon my junk email box was spammed with three or four emails a day from this site. Aries--Here is your Newsletter! Aries--Check out your Horoscope! Aries You need this Widget! Aries--Your special number today is the Number 9!
ohferchrissakes
I found I had been subscribed to every mail they could possibly send out, but I could change my "user preferences". So I went and unchecked everything but the horoscope.
The horoscope emails are in the Aries-blahblahblahblah format--So you see the theme of the mail without opening the letter. Since I usually don't check that address daily, several of these messages would still land in there together and clutter up the inbox. I would delete them out, and wonder why I was still subscribed to these people at all.
Except I started to notice something weird.
On a day I was feeling smothered by a friendship, the subject line said Aries, you can establish necessary boundaries. On a day, I was dredging up old poly issues for no reason, the horoscope said Aries, you may be holding onto the past. Over the weekend, when I got worried about not hearing from some friends and imagining the worst, it said Aries, there is no need to overreact. Monday, when I was freaked by my work schedule it said Aries, Simply go with the flow today.
Today, after spending the week cleaning house, and wrapping up loose ends before vacation, but not studying, it said Aries--Stay focused on completing tasks.
HOW DOES IT FUCKING KNOW THIS STUFF????
So, you see....it's like I have my own personal 8 ball or something. It's getting spooky. Oh sure, I mean, those things are so general they could apply to ANYONE, you say. I know. I agree. This is silly....but damn! It's good! It knows when I have been freaking out, or goofing off, or whatever.
I have never opened the whole email to read the rest. It's like the subject line is all I need to know.
It's strange. I don't get it. But it seems to speak to my quiet needs somehow. It's eerie.
If you want to see if it works for you, you can go to tarot.com and sign up. Only don't tell them I sent you.
I don't believe in this stuff.

1 comment:
LOL. Himself gets these things. Checks His daily. Or, if He misses one, He makes sure He goes back through them and correlates them with the events they refer to.
I find it all sort of amusing. I am more than skeptical. I like the stars. Does that count? Grin.
Whatever. If you are, somehow, getting information in this fashion that is helping you process things in your life, does it really matter how it comes to you or how it works? This is helping you sort and sift. How that is happening really isn't that big a deal. Use what works.
swan
Post a Comment