So, as I have confessed before, I am really an LJ person. I totally get LJ. You can do all sorts of things...like make entries completely private or friends only. You can do searches for people who have your same interests, and you can easily see who has made you a friend (which means they probably read you). It's easy to see these people and you can add them back so you can read them as well.
So therefore, my perceptions of blogger are that it is not nearly so user friendly. I can see there is a way to make your interests into links (but I don't know how), and should one click on some one's interest you might possibly find others into "wax teeth" or "clean sinks". I don't think it's possible to make an entry private without making your whole journal private.
I have no clue how to find out who, if anyone is reading my words. I know Google has some program to do this. I downloaded something and tried...but I can't get it to work.
I started this blog to write where I could be totally anonymous. I definitely wanted to be able to post about weight, and maybe sex, and whatever else came up. I thought about doing a secret LJ, which I had tried once before. But it was a pain to have to log out of REAL LJ and then into SECRET LJ. I realized it would be better to just go to a different blog client altogether.
So, here I am. It turns out that I "know" of one person here...dear swan (waves). swan posted her blog on a mutual yahoo list, and I went looking for it. I was intrigued by the depth of her writing, and the content. I added her as a link.
There are times I feel like writing, and there are times I feel like reading. When I want to read, I surf over to Heron Clan, if they have nothing new, I click on their links.
The Heron Clan, and their links, and their link's links...are often about BDSM.
So anyhow, here I am, so far, running a pretty vanilla blog, mostly about weight loss. And my only current portal to the outside world is via a BDSM venue. And those journeys have been quite interesting, I must say. Certainly, an education into a different lifestyle.
I don't know what to make of that whole world, some of it is intriguing, and some aspects I just can't connect with. But it has colored my thinking. Here are the first three movies at my local theater:
Because I Said So
Blood and Chocolate
Catch and Release
Is it just me? Have I been reading too many BDSM journals, or does it sound like the world is tilting a bit towards the dark side?
I had a poly lover not so long ago, who was a switch, and interested in introducing me to some actual experiences. I told him, I needed to develop the relationship more, that maybe we could try some things down the road, but I wasn't ready for, or interested in making that the mainstay of our time together. Also, he had a partner who was simply unable to keep any sort of confidence or secret. She outed me to a group of friends, and I was totally mortified. That really ended my interest in exploring with her partner. I didn't want to be the talk of the town, so to speak.
I don't know where I really stand on all these issues. But at this point, it is all quite fascinating. It's wigged me on some levels and drawn me in on others, but it's made me think and question things about the choices people make.
I love the aspect of blogging that you can connect to people you would otherwise never be able to meet. And, I really do hope to meet more people here...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am just randomly clicking the “next blog” button out of bordom and noticed you were wondering how to see how many people read your blog? Well there is a site that you can add different types of counters to you blog. http://www.freeweblogger.com/ I like knowing that people read my site, but I don't really want anybody to know who I am if I don't want them to sort of thing. I have been blogging for about 2 years and started doing it before the myspace thing took off.
Have a wonderful day.
We use statcounter. Simple to use and free.
swan
Post a Comment