Friday, May 4, 2007

Easing back down

Life has settled back into a semblance of normality this week. I see that as a poly pattern. Something (one) new comes in and shakes things up, and then things settle back down, for awhile. We have been dealing with a health issue with my partner's mother, something so serious the extended family all came into town on Tuesday to be with her. And we have a major performance this weekend. So both of us have been rushing to dress rehearsals and nailing down last minute details for that.

Work has been constant. Cats want to be fed, patted, or on my lap. Dishes get used, washed and put away. Blessed routine.

My partner hasn't had time to get together with anyone else. I have gotten away from being immersed in analysis about the whole thing, which has been healthy. So next week, I am sure that things will start to swirl. He plans on getting together with her (the one who has caused all the recent conversation). I can see him wanting to set up a meeting for the three of us. I am okay with that, as long as I have my boundaries honored on the meeting. I still don't want to sit through an awkward meal, but I will meet them for a short period of time. It will probably be fine.

But for now...there is plenty to focus on for the next two days. I need to find a bright colored hip scarf, and to decide whether to wear the new slightly too tight purple choli, or the white peasant blouse for the village women's dance. We need to convince the lead drummer to give us a good fast beat. I will manage my stage fright. This is will be the biggest stage I have ever danced on, and the biggest show I have been in so far. Very exciting. Very nerve wracking. I wish I could lose 60 lbs by tomorrow night...but these are all normal things with which I would rather deal than other more troubling matters.

No comments: