Another meeting.I am cynical and jaded. I have joined and failed enough times to earn the right to eye-roll at certain comments that most certainly deserve it. So today, (and this happens every time I rejoin), there was the prequesite new woman saying "Golly, I don't know how you guys do it! I can't possibly eat all my points in a day! I mean do I have to eat my whole point allotment?" Yes, the instructor tells her. You must eat your points. The program is based on not starving yourself, and your body needs a certain amount of calories. If you eat less, your body may go into "fasting" mode, and it will not let you lose weight healthily. You may even be losing muscle!
Thing is, many are sitting in the meeting who did not lose because they can't stay within their points. Or they suffered all week wanting ice cream, which this person could have had with room to spare. I know it can happen that you get in a phase where you are not eating your points, but it is a phase and it won't last...
Anyhow, now that my snarkiness if out, here are the stats. I was down 3.4.
SW 245.8
CW 235.6
CL 3.4
TL 10.2
I am starting to feel a tad more optimistic now. I feel better physically. I have more non "red bull" induced energy. I am trying eat more raw foods, and my body is starting to crave those foods rather than sugar or salt. (Could just be a phase though...may not last!) I have had a lot of belly dance practices, and a mini performance last night, so I have definately been moving. I think my belly looks smaller. I am going to let it show for our real gig next Saturday night. I was going to wear a mesh thing...but right now, I think I won't. I'll see how I feel then I guess...
I feel better. I look better. I need to keep going. I want to keep going.

2 comments:
Cheering from this corner. Yay for you :-)
swan
My dear one and only reader!!! Thank you! So far so good...
Post a Comment