Saturday, January 27, 2007

Weigh In

SW 245.8
CW 233.8
CL 1.8
TL 12.0

I had a pretty good week food wise, but I knew it would be a smaller loss. For one, I know my body, and when I have a couple of big losses, it will hold in the reins a bit for the following week. I was surprised I had a big loss twice in a row those first two weeks. And for two, my period is due any day now. I have all the other lovely symptoms, so why not bloating too? Anyhow, I am happy with any weight loss this week, and 1.8 is still pretty decent in my book. I can tell I have dropped some weight, and last night my partner said he could notice too. For future reference, 235 should be an absolute cut off point. I am tolerating the 230s now, because I have a good memory of what the 240's looked and felt like, but this is still way too heavy. I think when I hit the 20 pound mark, other people will notice that something is different.

This is a nature of dieting...you are always thinking what that next ten pounds will bring. I am lucky in that I am tall, and even at this weight, when I drop ten pounds it is noticeable. I have read other peoples journals who are so heavy that even when they drop 30 or even 40 pounds, no one can tell. That must be really discouraging, and I pray I never find out what that feels like for real.

Just a note, this is turning into a weight loss journal...but really I want to write honestly here about the things I don't feel free to write about else where. I probably will write about other topics, but a factor in my blog time is school. I am in a hard class right now, and have a pretty full schedule between work, and the rest of my life...it's hard to find the time or energy to write. And to write about something, like say...sex, feels too demanding unless I have some burning desire to write. In fact these days, I have trouble finding energy for the act itself.

I think for now, writing about my weight is therapeutic and it is helping to track the journey. It's motivating to see the numbers change...so that is probably what's on tap for the next few entries.

No comments: